Sport is all form of usually competitive activity which through casual or organized participation aims to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants and spectators. Sports are usually governed by set of rules, which serves to ensure fair competition.
Keeping in view the benefits of sports for the development Shridhar University has extensive sports facilities and clubs. These include both indoor and outdoor sports as per the choice of students. Shridhar University has a fully equipped gymnasium. University has its own tennis and badminton courts, volleyball & basketball courts yoga studio, cricket ground football, table tennis.
These sports facilities and clubs give students an opportunity to learn many essential lessons like:
- Improving Health and Well-Being.
- Stemming the tide of child obesity.
- Reducing the burden of chronic disease.
- Enhancing mental health.
- Promoting healthy aging.
- Reducing health care costs.
- Putting students and Youth on a Positive Life Course.
- Helping students learn and develop through play.
- Building physical capacity and motor skills.
- Keeping students active and healthy.
- Using sport to reduce health risk behaviors.
- Understanding the particular benefits of sport for girls.
- Fostering positive development.
- Enhancing academic achievement.
- Teaching positive values and life skills.
- Preventing crime and gang involvement.
- Providing positive adult role models.
Games and sports at the University are organized through our sports club. We have qualified instructors apart from other supporting staff to guide students. World class facilities for major outdoor and indoor games are planned for the campus. We plan to identify exceptional talent and encourage them to develop as the future sports icon.